Friday, March 14, 2014

CONFESSIONS OF AN EX-SMOKER




 
CONFESSION OF AN EX-SMOKER

BREATH of fresh air, has never been the same
I smoke at least, two packs of cigarettes a day
And I never knew I stink, that bad. Now that I’ve been
Smoke free since the stroke, of last year oct. I smell
The tree’s and the rain that drops in the morning dew...

MONEY, financially it was draining, $10 dollar a day habit a day,
Cost me, $3600 dollars a year. I could invested in the stock market
With that kind of money, instead now I see the difference when I go
Shopping for food, supplies or anything I want, that has nothing to do with cigarette.

DOCTORS, I’m tired of going to doctor’s visit’s almost every two weeks.
It get’s nerve wrecking, especially when the first thing they do is ask for an insurance
Card. and your co-payment I refuse to pay, if I don’t get the treatment I deserve.
Even though, it’s my fault I still learned a valuable lesson, and that is not to mess with your
Body.

MEMORY the worst part, of having a stroke is the memory, when it first happens
It is not a laughing matter, I don’t want a stroke for my worst enemy, and it’s no pain \
Involved with a stroke. It’s the memory, which haunts me every day and has to keep on
Exercising, my mind and spirit, to keep afloat...

1 comment: